Friday 17 July 2009

Part 12: Ida and Seek

“I thought I’d find you here.” said Arnold The Fish, at the docks.

“Mr. Detective,” said Ida, putting her luggage down on the floor. “How did you know where to find me?”

“Well, mainly I just followed them,” said Arnold, pointing at Icy Joe and the mass of penguin thugs standing a short distance away by their cars.

“Oh… drat.” cursed Ida. “Mr. Detective, they have found me! They killed my darling Frank and now they will kill me! Please help me!” she begged.

“Okay!” agreed Arnold, hoping that his kung-fu skills would be up to the task. There were rather a lot of them, after all.

“Okay Ida, hand it over!” said the approaching Icy Joe.

“What is he talking about?” asked Arnold.

“She has the Ice Diamond!” said Icy Joe. “Clearly she killed Frank and planted the fake diamond on you. She only hired you so that you could take the fall while she fled the country!”

“Don’t listen to him, Detective!” cried Ida. “That’s not true!”

“But I can see the diamond behind your back.” said Arnold, who was beginning to lose track of what was happening.

“Oh detective,” said Ida, “Forgive me! You have seen right through me!”

“Well yes,” said Arnold. “You are an ice sculpture after all.”

Icy Joe grabbed the diamond from Ida. Arnold was relieved.

“Right then,” said Arnold. “Now we can all go home, eh?”

Icy Joe grinned an evil penguin grin. “No, Mr. Fish. Now you both die!”

No comments:

Post a Comment